Fatherly Advice From Paul to Timothy
2 Timothy 5-7:
- Know that your father loves you. While he may be gone, he longs to be with you. You bring great joy to him.
- Listen to the elder women in your life, for as they take care of you, they will also nurture you in faith.
- You have power in your hands. God spoke the earth into motion, but created you with his hands. We have the same power that raised Jesus from the dead in us, and our hands are a great way to administer that.
- Do things for the Kingdom of God. The fire God has stirred in His Kingdom must grow, so help make it larger.
- A real man is not the strongest, bravest, or biggest. A real man carries a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline.
- A real man may fear, but must have courage that overwhelms timidity.
My dream is to travel to Iceland and just wait there until I see the Northern Lights
i began by saying “yo” sarcastically, now it’s how i start half of my sentences
Im a man of simple dreams.
I want a family.
And a wife.
And it will be great.
She will know how I like my shirts folded,
And I will know how she likes her coffee and tea.
After long days, she will rub my back,
And I will bring her breakfast in bed.
We will ro-sham-bo over who does dishes,
And somehow I always lose.
We will argue over the dumbest things,
like The Bachelor,
And still kiss each other goodbye in the morning.
I will know when I need to listen,
And she will speak when I’m out of line.
We will spend cold nights together in blankets,
Sharing our favorite childhood scripture,
While we laugh on about our awkward years.
You will sleep light, and myself the opposite.
In the middle of the night, you will wake me violently, claiming theres someone trying to break in.
And I will assure you it’s just the wind as we fall back asleep.
Then trial will come.
Unthinkable questions will be thought.
If he loves me, why can’t he provide for me?
If she loves me, why do I feel neglected?
Is this love real?
And every morning,
we will wake up,
and look over before the other is awake,
There is no person I’d rather be with.